Friday, January 26, 2007

Fanconi Redux

The Fanconi Anemia Research Fund is a great little non-profit located here in Eugene, Oregon. They've been doing some great work for a lot of years on an important medical condition.

I took up the design project at the suggestion of Dave Frohnmayer. Although the design was never implemented, I was happy to do my part in trying to help where I could.

Original Fanconi (and current design):



Fanconi Redux:



Basically, I was instructed to keep the same layout/look and feel to the site - but just to update and refresh. I focused on changing from the three column layout down to two, and cleaning up the color scheme and navigation. Also, because a lot of Fanconi's traffic was from out of the USA, I made it text based as much as possible (for ADA too).